Quick and easy stir-fry for any night of the week. Option to add in any left over vegetables into the mix.
Cooking time 20 minutes
- x2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- x1 inch fresh ginger chopped or 2 inches of ginger paste
- x1 red onion sliced
- x2 clove garlic chopped or 2 inches of garlic paste
- x1 packet (approx 300g) of chopped shiitake mushrooms (or normal mushrooms)
- x 1 sliced red pepper
- x1 broccoli (approx 250g) – chopped into small florets
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 300-400g fresh noodles
Option to add chicken
- Fresh chopped red chilli
- Fresh chopped spring onion
- In a large wok or stir fry pan, heat the coconut/olive oil. Add the red onion and optional chicken, chopped garlic and ginger. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is sealed.
- Add sliced pepper, broccoli florets and cashew nuts. Cook for a few minutes (add a tsp of water if needed)
- Keeping the heat medium-high, throw in all chopped mushrooms stir whilst adding the soy sauce.
- After a 5 minutes, add fresh noodles
- Pours on the sesame oil last and stir in for a few minutes
Option to swap to rice noodles or serve over brown rice as an alternative.