Makes 4 servings
Storage: Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 4 – 5 days.
Freeze: Allow the soup to complete cool before dividing into to portions. Freeze in sealable plastic containers.
Reheating: Allow the soup to defrost before transferring to a saucepan and gently heating on the hob until hot
- 600g butternut squash
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 chilli, medium heat
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp low fat crème fraiche & chilli flakes to serve (optional)
- Place the butternut, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes, into a roasting tin. Drizzle with the rapeseed oil and a sprinkling of paprika. Roast in the oven at 200C/Gas 6 for 20 minutes or until the butternut is soft but still has some bite.
- In the meantime, finely dice the chilli and garlic and gently fry in a large pan for 2 minutes in a very small dash of oil. Add the butternut and the stock to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer over a medium heat for 5 minutes before removing from the heat and allowing to slightly cool.
- Pour into a blender, or using a stick blender, blitz the ingredients until smooth. If the consistency is too think, add a little water to loosen. Generously season.
- Return to the heat to warm through, then serve immediately with a drizzle of crème fraiche and chilli flakes