The perfect weekend brunch recipe or even a quick and easy evening meal after work.
20 minute cooking time
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red or green pepper chopped
- 1 carton of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Optional chopped chilli
- Optional 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and coriander
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying plan over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and pepper together for around 5 minutes until softened (not browned).
- Add the carton/tin of chopped tomatoes to the frying pan with the turmeric, paprika and pepper (plus nutmeg option). Stir to combine and reduce the heat to simmer for 5-10 minutes (uncovered). Add a little water if necessary.
- Once the tomatoes have softened, make 4 indents into the mixture and crack the eggs in.
- Continue to cook for 6-8 minutes until the whites are set.
- Season with chopped coriander
Optional addition of a wholemeal pitta bread or a baked sweet potato.