Total time 45 minutes
- 4 large abalones, or 1 jar of cooked abalones
- 1 bread (3 slices from a loaf of bread)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 piece of red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- If you use raw abalones, you must cook them in a pot with water and salt, for 50 min.
- Once ready, chop them into squares. If you use canned abalones, these come ready to use.
- Soak the bread in the milk for about 20 minutes. Then pass it through a strainer.
- In a frying pan with oil, fry the chopped onion for about 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Then add the chopped bell pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped abalones, the soaked bread, and a little bit of the cooking broth, or the broth that comes in the can (from the abalones), 1/2 cup approx.
- Then add half the cheese, butter, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to (ideally) a clay bowl, or any other small bowl you have.
- Then put the rest of the cheese on top and take to the oven to gratin.
- If you like, you can serve with chopped parsley on top.