Try this healthy almond and raspberry cake warm or cold.
Time to prep and cook – 1 hour
- 120g melted coconut oil or 175g butter
- 125g coconut sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp buckwheat flour or plain gluten free flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g ground almonds
- 100g dark chocolate – broken into large pieces
- 120g fresh raspberries (x1 punnet)
- Icing sugar to dust the top for serving
- Heat the oven to 180C (160C fan). Grease the inside of a 23cm loose bottomed cake tin. Line with parchment paper – leave the paper higher on the sides.
- Whisk together the oil/butter and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one by one.
- Add the flour, vanilla extract and ground almonds and whisk until everything is fully mixed.
- Stir in the broken dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Place the raspberries on top and press them gently into the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the cake is golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool in tin for half an hour, remove, then dust with icing sugar to serve (optional).
Serve warm with greek yoghurt and berries or cold as a delicious slice of cake and a green tea!